May 3, 2009

NKOTB

I've been working on a layout for a challenge on DSP called New Kid On The Blog. So far, I have 3 versions of the same layout done. Getting feedback from all the really knowledgeable folk at DSP is really good, I feel like it helps me grow a lot in my scrapbook-abilities. I'm not sure if I plan to stick with digital forever, as I do love to hold things. I may print my digital pages once I get the money, make them a little hybrid, and then start working on paper-style ones. I find inspiration everywhere though. I'm really enjoying this project, but I have only 23 out of at LEAST 50 pages done. I want to do more than 50. I still don't know how I'm going to present it to my teacher yet.

I'll edit this post later and add photos of my 3 layouts. I have work in an hour, and need to get something in my belly!


---- EDIT ----
Work was excellent, I'm really starting to pick up my pace there which helps me work a lot more efficiently. My dad left for L.A. today, but before he left (after I got home from work) he told me what he's getting me for my birthday/graduation gift [no need for 2 gifts, no money for 2 gifts, haha.] .. An ASUS Eee PC 1000He, which is supposedly the top Netbook there is out there at this moment for the summer. Obviously when Winter comes, something even better will come out, but I'm happy and surprised that I'll even get this. It's small enough to fit in a purse and carry with me everywhere. I'd be using it for taking notes in my college courses [yay college!] and for various web-browsing and what not. It's not big enough for any graphic designs, but I don't like laptops for that anyways. It's perfect for my basic needs! Another great thing [from what my dad told me] is that it supports the up and coming Windows 7 [yes, I'm a PC, even though I own an iPhone, which by the way I'm not straying from].

I'm not posting the pictures up because I'm just too tired right now. On another note, I'm turning 18 on Tuesday! [2 days].
And my >50 page scrapbook is due next Tuesday! :( I only have 23 pages done. I have to get working, since I have work Friday-Sunday [yes Mother's day].
I'm planning on making my mom a really nice card, I just have to go to Michael's soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment