Dec 29, 2009

Happy Holidays!

I know! It's so late and the only holiday left [I think] is the New Year!! I haven't updated much because I've been so busy with the holidays! I had a great Christmas week! I spent a lot of time with my family and my boyfriend's family. I did plenty of shopping. This year I didn't expect much because of the rough economy, but my parents surprised my brother and I! I got a new Purple Cows trimmer, and I absolutely love it! It's a guillotine/rotary. It cuts beautifully! I still have a bit of getting used to, But I'm very glad. I think I'll keep my really old Fiskars one to cut chipboard though.

Today, my boyfriend, Robert, and I did a little personal shopping, and ended up getting a new PS3 game [for him to play at my house, until he gets his PS3] and ....

A CAMCORDER!

I'm so excited. Robert has been recording videos with the "Cycorder" program on his jailbroken iPhone, and I've been wanting a camcorder to record scrapbook videos ... and my dogs! So we decided to cave in and get one. The one we got is compact with very high quality! For me at least. It's a Sony Handycam, I'm not exactly sure what version. So you can expect plenty more videos in the year(s) to come!

As some of you may know, Kim Davis and Dawn Edwards, have teamed up to create their own blog showcasing their super cute crafts and their awesome friendship! You should definitely check out their blog, not only for what I'm about to tell you, but also to check out their really cute projects! Recently Dawn has featured a mini-album that I absolutely adore! And Kim hosted a fiber/ribbon swap on The Scrap Beach, which was amazing of her!

To promote their blog, and celebrate the reaching of 100 subscribers, they are having the most amazing giveaway! One particular item I absolutely LOVE in their giveaway is the Tim Holtz Tonic Scissors. I currently don't own them, but I would love to! Hahah. I purchased some "non stick" scissors from the Japanese Dollar store previously, and I was ... very unhappy with them. To say the least! They stick more than regular scissors! Hahah, how terrible!

Please visit their blog at http://wwscrapdivas.blogspot.com/, enter their blog candy, look through their projects & previous posts, friend them on The Beach!! :)

For now, that's all! Hopefully I'll have some great scrap videos in the future! I'm way too excited to start using my new camcorder at Sea World tomorrow with my boyfriend! I'll probably come back in the new year with some great videos!

I have a lot more in store than just videos for the new year, including my own personal scrapbook paper collection, free SVG files for Sure Cuts a Lot & Make the Cut, and my work for classes, haha which isn't exciting!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you all have a GREAT end of the year. We're coming really close to the end, and I'm just way too excited for the new year!
2009 for me was absolutely AMAZING! I have no complaints, I'm so surprised that nothing terrible has happened, and so thankful.

How was your year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment